Ken Spiegelman has been an educator in South Florida since 2006 after fifteen years in the private sector. Ken completed his undergraduate studies at Muhlenberg College and continued on to earn a Doctorate from the University of Florida. His specialties include the English and Reading portions of all standardized tests, as well as Advanced Placement and IB Social Studies. He and his team of tutors stand ready to assist you in all of your standardized testing needs, including reading, writing, math and science, as well as all AP testing, GRE and LSAT testing. In addition, Ken offers college planning and placement assistance.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- 2007 Rookie Teacher of the Year
- 2011 Nominee – Teacher of the Year
- Twice selected as a Reader for the AP U.S. Government and Politics Exam by the College Board
- Selected by the International Baccalaureate program as an Examiner in Politics
- 2007 invitee to the Presidential Academy on Civics (one teacher selected from each state)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Grant Recipient – 2012
- Awarded a fellowship in 2011 by the College Board for in-depth study of AP U.S. History
- Awarded a fellowship in 2012 by the College Board for in-depth study of AP U.S. Government and Politics
- Two-time recipient of Project Rise grants for innovative teaching
Ken’s aptitudes for working with young people have greatly contributed to his success in education and he continues to participate in many extracurricular activities and clubs with the students at his school. For Ken, the success and achievement of his students is a direct reflection of his teaching style.